The sneaker business built on exclusivity.
Subtype is the new online sneaker destination in Australia with the simple goal of sourcing and supplying the best sneaker styles from the very best collections globally. The brainchild of booming street fashion label ZANEROBE, the team was focused on completing their styled looks with the best and most complimentary footwear available.
Build an ecommerce store that engages sneakerheads.
Subtype’s primary goal is to have you visit their online store or retail store in Sydney to fall in love with a new pair of kicks they offer – as they did themselves during their curation selection process. Most of Subtype’s collections are strictly limited editions and due to scarcity, customer communication is critical because if you don’t buy the shoe you want now, it might not be there this afternoon.
Key Requirements included:
– A scalable and flexible platform to allow high volume sales and collection growth
– Authentically represent each brand’s distinct style and aesthetic online
– Seamlessly integrate their point of sale platform with their ecommerce site
– Real-time stock management, critical due to limited stock numbers
Produce a site that feels like a gallery but converts.
We delivered a completely responsive online store, with big, beautiful imagery and offers a completely unique experience with several key features built from scratch for the brand. Best yet, it allows the brand to market effectively, present the products and brands in the best light and completely compliments the curated ethos of the experience.
– A responsive store that intuitively interacts with a customer depending on where they are in the buying cycle across – mobile, tablet & desktop
– Connects a brand’s blog content with their products and vice versa for better storytelling
– A faster, more smooth experience than a static ecommerce site with accelerated
– Transitions between pages of the site, built with SmoothState technology. A world first.
An immersive, beautiful store with soaring sales
Subtype’s store provides a unique online presence for all of it’s 16 brands and a central hub for any sneakerhead to view the latest sneaker styles. Their in-house ecommerce team has direct control over their site and ability to publish new content and collections, enabling them to deliver strong results since site launch and retail store opening.
– Sold out of new Adidas release within 36 hours of store launch
– Fully integrated POS and ecommerce platform for real-time stock management, critical given limited sneaker releases
Visit the Site > Subtype Store
Project completed whilst at my previous agency OSG.