A proud Australian surfing icon gets reborn online.
Established in 1978, Okanui is the original clothing company dedicated to creating faithful clothing inspired by their heritage surf beginnings for people passionate about living the best of the Australian Beach culture and outdoor lifestyle.
Deliver a new online store to communicate Okanui’s strong surf heritage and make it easy for customers to buy their favourite surf apparel.
Key Requirements included:
– Build an easy to manage and update platform that scales up with the business
– Authentically represent the brand’s philosophy with a clean, honest design and user experience
– Integrate Cin7 inventory management platform & Xero accounting software with their ecommerce site to automate order processing
Okanui came to me with a rich brand heritage and name in the surf marketplace, but had close to a 10 year old site that even played ‘Islander’ music when you first landed on the homepage! They knew updating to the latest cloud technology and platforms across sales, inventory, accounting and logistics would truly transform the brand and pave the way for substantial business growth. The site’s design had to draw on their 38 year old colour palette, whilst adhering to ecommerce best practices, with an easy path to purchase for their typically older demographic who had grown up with the brand since they were in togs themselves.
– Produce a sizing guide section that easily discerned the different lengths of their various sized shorts & pants
– Integrate social media sharability for the first time across their online platforms
– Feature each garment’s fit and technical details and show various product image angles to help highlight the quality of fabric and manufacturing quality
– Migrate the old site’s SEO heritage by mapping old URL links to newly created product categories and pages on the new site
The team at Okanui recouped their online store investment in 7 days and combined with an increase advertising sales are up 20-30% on the same time last year.
They have experienced a strong increase in both the number of daily sales orders and average order sale amounts since the site was launched. The integration piece with Cin7 inventory platform and connector to Xero accounting software means they have a complete automation of their processes from initial order to fulfilment.
Simon said “Jordy was extremely clear in his approach and there were no issues which couldn’t be solved. We are stoked with the new website and have received great feedback from our clients”.
As the brand grows under the new management of Simon & Wendy Kasprowicz I’m expecting big things as the business now owns an online sales channel they are proud to send their loyal database of customers.
I’ll post some further findings in the next few months as the data and sales roll in.
Visit the Site > Okanui